January 31, 2014

powder room tour


before-

my gripes: handicap tub in our downstairs powder room? Friends suggested that it was the perfect 'keg tub', umm... No! The kids thought that it was a cool hot tub.  



the potential: Hey, there's a powder room! But, it's very large

after-




We had a custom vanity made by Old Barn Star out of reclaimed wood to give us the country look. Painted the walls with Bone White to give the room a soft feel.



I made a cafe curtain to dress the window. I used off-white linen fabric and sewed the pom-pom trim. The cafe curtain allows the light to come in, but keeps the privacy.


I added an antique mirror that I painted white and distressed.  On both sides of the mirror is a barn style light fixture


The square sink is deep and gives the vanity a modern twist.  I kept the faucet simple matching the hardware in the bathroom.


The octagon tile I picked out to give the bathroom interest.  I love the fact that the charcoal grey grout really makes a statement and hides dirt.


I picked up the hand towels and storage basket from Marshalls. I sewed the left over pop-pom trim from the curtain to give some detail.  The storage basket below holds all my magazines and extra supplies.


On the long wall I added bead board to give it some interest.  The black and white frames with pictures are a personal touch and it keeps it simple.

As you can see the scary bathroom turned into a master piece.

*Thanks to our friend and contractor Kevin Brown for all his hard work with this bathroom
*Photo Credits by Dougherty Photo Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top