January 29, 2014

foyer tour

It is the first impression of your house. My stairs are two tiered, therefore the focal point of the entrance, and it needed something special.  

before-

my gripes: tan carpet; oak banisters and spindles 



the potential: two story foyer; and hardwood floor entry

after-

I decided to give it a facelift. I painted the spindles with a white gloss oil paint. Why oil paint?  I wanted it to last.  I first primed with an oil paint of course!  Remember, I have 3 kids, and there is no way I am doing this again.



I thought why not step it up a notch and make it more interesting.  And after I saw How to Paint the Perfect Line tutorial in Pinterest, I finished it in a couple of hours!



This shows another project I completed, painting all your interior doors black.  It looks great and hides dirt!


What's a new foyer with out a new light?


The color on the walls is called 'The Perfect Greige'. It's not Beige or Grey, but can be either one depending on the light.

*Photo Credits to Dougherty Photo Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top