February 1, 2014

basement tour

before-

my gripes: dark dingy; dirty carpets; drop down ceiling


the potential: it's finished; a hangout room for the kids; it's large; and there is more than one room 

after-


This corner of the basement is for watching movies and playing xbox.  I kept it a style that the kids can grow into and not grow out of.


This 'FUN' sign is a Nail Art project to hide the electrical and alarm boxes. 


The other side of the room is made for crafts, drawing, rainbow loom, and iPads. The shelf brackets were painted with gold glitter spray paint to bring a little whimsy to the room.


This is another example of a recycled desk.  For the basement, I made it fun for the kids showcasing some of our favorite family memories all protected under a piece of glass.


The deer head is a modern twist to art. I bought a plastic deer head off of ebay for $50 and spray painted it hot pink.  I then painted the antlers with a metallic gold paint and added glitter to the paint before they dried.



I hung a photo gallery wall in the basement stairway. I used a collection of black and white random sized frames.  It is fun to walk through memory lane each time we walk up and down the stairs.

*Photo Credits to Dougherty Photo Designs

1 comment:

  1. I love the bright decorations you put up on your basement! They reflect the chic side of your style, and I think you did a wonderfully fabulous job on it. The pink deer head is definitely eye-catching. Overall, the transformation is amazing, and I can't even tell that it was the same basement. That's how amazing it looks! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Lori May! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Gregg Hogan @ American Basement Solutions

    ReplyDelete

back to top