February 3, 2014

girls room tour

before-

my gripes: it was being used as an office and there was a large see through picture window looking two stories down into the foyer


the potential: the large bay window; the size was good; and a large closet

Inspiration-




after-


I painted an accent wall with 'Smoked Turquoise' and painted the others with 'Bone White' .


I liked the color pallet of turquoise, yellow, and pink for a little girls room. The monogram canvas above the bed was made using fabric and an art canvas.



We dry walled the picture window,  so we could have a wall for her dresser and mirror.


I found a silver mirror in my basement and spray painted with a hot pink.  The lamp was also spray painted yellow to match the night stands.


I found these great bird lamps at Marshals which bring a lot of color and fun to the room.



I found these great night stands at a local antique shop 2 for $125! I refinished them with a soft creamy yellow paint and edged them in white.  

*Photo Credits to Dougherty Photo Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top