February 1, 2014

farmhouse table remix

This is how we turned our Crate&Barrel Avalon Dining Table into a farmhouse table.

before-


The table took 6 years of kids eating, sitting, banging, spilling, and drawing on it.  After seeing so many posts on Pinterest on the DIY Farmhouse Tables, I had to have one! I found a great tutorial on how to re-use your existing frame (pedestal) from your old table and build a new top.  Thanks to East Coast Creative, I have a new $50 table. See the tutorial here.

after-





It is a 60" table to fit 8 people comfortably. It was a little wobbly, so my husband added wire strings help to support it.  It probably could've used two pedestals, but I only had one.  I also distressed the table by banging it with a big heavy chain. Then, I stained it with a dark mahogany stain.  After, I sealed the top with furniture wax and buffed it to make it shiny. You can reseal it it with additional coats of wax as it starts to wear (about 1 x year).

*Photo Credits to Dougherty Photo Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top