February 1, 2014

kitchen tour

before-

my gripes: cabinets are an orange color, black and white bathroom tile back splash, countertops are grey and white speckle dorian, and  black appliances


the potential: cabinets were made out of real maple, updated in the last 10 years, 42 inches cabinets, lots of storage, high end appliances, and opens up into the family room.



after-

Yeah, white cabinets! I had to convince myself and my husband for a year that white was better then maple. Thanks to Annie Sloan Chalk Paint they are finally done. You can see the tutorial here.



The ugly tile backsplash is gone thanks to Kevin Brown, and a new white classic subway tile with black grout takes it's place. 



Since I was working with black appliances, I went with a black and white color pallet.  It is classic, fresh, and works well with warm wood tones.


Our friend and contractor Kevin Brown, gave my builder grade island a custom look by adding wood trim. Then I painted it with Graphite Annie Sloan Graphite Paint. Next, I spray painted my barstools to give the kitchen a much needed pop of color Aqua.


I picked a simple light fixture for above my farm table.  I like that it's modern but timeless. It doesn't block the view of the lake outside of our picture window. 


The DIY farmhouse table is all the rage on Pinterest. So of course I had my husband build me one, using the pedestal of our original table and adding a new top. You will also notice the aqua wicker chairs.  I wanted to mix-match modern with country and it's easy to do with your chairs. 


If you would like to see my inspiration and ideas of the kitchen, please follow me on Pinterest.

* Photo Credits go to Dougherty Photo Designs


No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top