February 1, 2014

how to make a desk out of a door

I had a large office that was screaming for a big desk.  Who doesn't need a large workspace?  School, work, arts & crafts, and bills always clutter my desk.  I had a vision of creating a desk out of an old antique wooden door.






steps:

  • I drove around in my mini van and found a 'For Free' door out in someone's trash. Score!  If you are not so lucky, there is a store called 'Restore' that all proceeds go to Habit for Humanity, and they sell all kinds of doors for $5-$10.  
  • I had the white file cabinets, which I think I purchased from JcPennys.
  • Then I had the glass cut and delivered from a local glass shop.
  • All I did was set the table and glass right on top of the filing cabinets.  The door is so heavy it doesn't move.
  • If you plan ahead, you can even have the glass shop drill a hole where the door knob use to be for your computer cords.


*Photo Credits to Dougherty Photo Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top