February 3, 2014

teens room tour

before-

my gripes: wall paper plus a border; and an ugly ceiling fan


the potential- very large room with a lot of natural light; and two oversized closets

inspiration-



after-

It took 3 days of steaming and scraping wall paper off the walls. I choose a deep purple accent wall to show off the white bed and the yellow polka dot bedding. I showcased my daughters favorite things within the frame of the headboard .  I had the pictures made into inexpensive canvas art.


What teenager doesn't need a desk to do their homework.  It fit perfectly into the corner to be used as a night stand. It was an old pine desk sitting in the basement, so I gave it a fresh coat of white paint and had glass cut to protect the stop.


The other three walls were painted with a grey/violet color to keep the room bright.



*Photo Credits to Dougherty Photo Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top